FREE Refresh Ministry Wife Retreats
What is a “Refresh Retreat”?
Our goal: Restore, Refuel, Refresh and then return home to serve with Renewed passion for the high call of being in Ministry and being a Ministry Wife!
We here at Contagious Joy understand the demands that are placed on the Ministry wife. Because of this, we have created a get away just for this woman. A woman who might need some one on one time away without the distractions of the “glass house.” A time for her to meet other women just like her. An iron sharpening iron time where she can develop like-minded friendships. We have also developed a schedule that allows her to meet with the Lord. She will be encouraged to reflect, to journal, to pray and seek a refreshing and renewal so that she can return home and resume her work in her family, her church, and her community.
- These retreats are three days and three nights. Usually, they begin on a Wednesday at noon and end on Saturday at noon, but occasionally we will begin on Thursday at noon and end with worship on Sunday by noon.
- They are FREE to the ministry wives who attend.
- No more than ten ministry wives in attendance and the best number is between 4-8 women.
- The women must pay their way to get there and to get home.
- Once they arrive, there is no need for any money. They pay for nothing else. Our goal is to bless their socks off! They cannot lift a finger. We serve them in a way that allows them to meet each other, but most of all meet with their ABBA!
- Submit a paragraph and tell us why you need a “CJ4H Refresh Retreat” in 2017!
- What is a “Refresh Retreat”?Our goal: Restore, Refuel, Replenish & Refresh and then return home to serve with Renewed passion for the high call of being in Ministry and being a Ministry Wife!We here at Contagious Joy understand the demands that are placed on the Ministry wife. Because of this, we have created a get away just for this woman. A woman who might need some one on one time away without the distractions of the “glass house.” A time for her to meet other women just like her. An iron sharpening iron time where she can develop like-minded friendships.
- April 5th – 8th – Grand Lake, Oklahoma
- April 19th – 22nd – Beaver Lake, Garfield, Arkansas
- August 16-19th – Appalachian Mountain Cabin
- September 6th – 9th – TBD
- October 18th – 21st – Nelson, BC, Canada
- October 25th – 28th – Dauphin Island, Alabama
Testimony Letter from Kim – Dauphin Island Refresh Retreat 2016!
Thank you for inviting me to the pastors’ wives retreat in Dauphin Island. I had a wonderful time, and enjoyed being with you and the other pastors’ wives. I felt spoiled with all of the little luxuries and the beautiful beach house that I got to stay in. The outings were fun and the meals were healthy and delicious.
As you could tell when I arrived, I came to the retreat with the weight of the world on my shoulders. After 15 years as a senior pastor’s wife, I was weary and stressed out. But, God in his amazing and perfect timing sent me to the beach to be in the care of your ministry, Contagious Joy, where I found rest and healing.
Your messages and testimony challenged me and brought me face to face with my own unforgiving and bitter spirit, which was the root of my problem. For a long time, I had been blaming the ministry for my problems and stress. I had been keeping a log in my mind of all the times that I had been disappointed or hurt in ministry, and it was lengthy.
Your leading in my getting right with the Lord brought complete healing and restoration to my life. You helped me to recognize the depravity of my sin, to confess it, and to repent of it, and then to find acceptance in my Father’s arms. You were honest and forthright, loving and encouraging and you poured your whole heart and all of your energy into all of us. You helped us despite your own struggles with headaches.
I have never had another woman pray with me or intercede for me like you did. I cannot thank you enough. Please know that I am forever grateful, and am working with the Lord to not let myself get into that condition again.
God’s hand is on you. There were so many moments where I saw his fingerprints in the details of the retreat. I will continue to pray God’s richest blessings on you and Contagious Joy as well as the beautiful ladies that I shared those wonderful days with.
With much love, Kim Ellis